Sign in / Sign Up About Us Contact Us info@dentalplaza.co.uk

Planmeca PlanScan Produces Lab Quality Restorations in Hours

I am an experienced CAD / CAM dentist. When I started using the E4D system about three years ago, I had completed about 4,000 repairs. I am not only looking for a powder-free system, but also looking for an open-structured system. Since then, I have had a dental equipment wonderful journey with Henry Schein, E4D Technologies, and now I am using Planmeca's PlanScan.

User-friendly features

When investigating the no-powder scanner, we looked at CEREC because we were already using the Sirona system. The most important limitation is that CEREC is not an "open format" .stl file system and continues to use the proprietary "closed format" .cdt file system. Laboratories need open formats so they do not have to pay additional licensing fees or usage fees for model rendering/data conversion to the required .stl file format. The open format .stl is universal. There are many other reasons why we chose PlanScan in Planmeca. Although not all cases involve CAD/CAM manufacturing, we chose to know we can do a very good case because we know that our great technology partners can help us. We can reduce transmission time and costs by using the PlanScan and DDX digital data transmission portals to quickly send highly accurate data to our lab partners.

Intuitive software

PlanScan's design software is very simple and logical. It considers "accurate triangles", the actual physical characteristics of the captured details. Open architecture is the key. Although we grind about 80% of the CAD/CAM restorations in the office, the other 20% involve laboratories - especially zirconia restorations - because we don't have a sintering furnace inside. Sometimes we only need the input and design expertise of our main technical staff. The open architecture simplifies the communication with all our laboratories.

Meet demanding patients

PlanScan is especially useful for very special patients. It's great to design restorations as they watch and adjust the nuances of each tooth in their smiles. They appreciate participating, watching, mentoring and choosing, all in one appointment.

Family affairs

I teach and consult on the practice of using digital die and CAD/CAM technologies successfully. My wife, Suzanne Bechard-Yacovitch, is an expert on Digital Dental Instruments Team Integration. We tell our customers what we have experienced. "As long as you begin to scan digital impressions, you will become a better clinician because you see our art completely from three aspects, that is, prepare, it really looks like it is magnified 100 times. Seeing is believing, see What I learned was what I saw as a result of my ascension. "Scanning and everything Planemeka's PlanScan brings to our practice is revolutionary. Better for patients, doctors, team members and laboratory technicians. It makes my work interesting and enjoyable.

Dentalplaza.co.uk is one professional dental supplies website which supplies dental equipment in UK with competitive price and high quality.

Reviews

WRITE REVIEW
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this products.
  • Email Address:

  • Rank:

  • Content: